Old 02-18-2008, 01:34 PM
kevin2323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

alright guys i posted this on redletterdodge couple weeks ago wen they released the specs.
in order to get a good estimate of what the challenger will do compared to the mustang you go buy a similar car with similar weight , power train, and transmission. In this case its the charger srt8.
the charger srt8 is suppose to do 0-60 in 5.1 sec. or 5 flat according to dodge (they said chally in 4.9).
As i was very into buying the srt8 for performance i researched from forum to forum and found out these cars are far beyond what dodge tells you they are. sort of how bmw underrates the 335i. well what i found through my research and forum trolling for about 2 years or so is that the charger srt8 stock does 0-60 in 4.8 avrg dead stock. most owners say it gets better as you learn how to launch and you start getting better grip on the roads. So my conclusion is that this car will be in the 0-60 4.7-4.8 basically high 4s due to it being shorter more aerodynamic and slightly lighter than the charger srt8 4 door. this car shouldnt even be compared to the gt this car is in competition with the gt500. yes i know the gt500 has more horsepower and goes 0-60 in 4.6 but thats the beauty of it and were the modification nuds like myself come in. this car will be close in numbers with the gt500 and it should be in the same category, save the gt comparisons for the R/T challenger which with the power gains from the new engines should be a good comparison to the gt.

I hope my post has helped, I always wanted to post more than often but i can never elaborate on certain subjects like this one. I for one hope to see a gt pull up and start revving because that would just indicate to me the war has just begun. oh by the way I was originally looking to get a gt or a charger srt8 so thats why i know alot about both.

P.s: albeeno if your all about performance stick with your mustang because the gt will be slightly quicker than the R/T but dont expect to run into any stock R/Ts on the road most dodge owners hate ford so theyre out to destroy the stang.