View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The end of the line for muscle cars?

You know something I just thought about. Have you ever considered how stupid D.C. would have to be to try to get rid of SUVs and our performance cars? They claim to be doing this for "our own good" to save us from "ManBearPig" (I'm so sick of the term, this is what I'm going to call it for now on), yet if they would actually stop us from driving what we want and turn our driving habits into European's cars (glorified golf carts everywhere with the mind set that a VW Beetle is a larger vehicle) what would happen to all their (or should I more accurately say our) precious gas tax revenue? Muscle cars were disappearing faster during the times of cheap fuel. Think about it. The demand for Camaros and Firebirds had dropped off when gas was much cheaper than it is right now. Logically, the shift must be from some SUV owners.

So your basically saying that if the Big Three and any one else fails to meet those unrealistic fuel economy standards, all that will happen is they will hit us all with more taxes? Hmmm, we'll see how many of these fools who supported this will be able to hold on to their precious seats. I think our "addiction to oil" is but a fraction compared to their "addiction to taxing and power."

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts