Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

I appreciate the input / advice from you guys. Thank you. More leg room in the rear and/or being able to seat three in the backseat isn't a factor for me, really. I guess it really boils down to looks and performance. The Challenger is so sexy and I'm sure it will be a beast when it comes to actual performance. I just never thought the SRT8 would be so close to the GT I already have. That really shocked me! And therein lies the problem.

Anyway, one thing I failed to note in my previous post was top speed. Chances are 99% of us will never reach the upper limits but the Challenger is rated at 170 mph vs. 143 mph on the GT. No comparison there obviously. One last point I wanted to make was that it's pretty absurd to think that Dodge is fudging performance times. I can see them fudging output ratings so insurance rates aren't as astronomical as they could be with the "real" horsepower, but I find it extremely difficult to believe the perfromance times are inaccurate.