Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

OK my 2 cents worth. No comparison! There is not one stock Challenger test. Only what someone thinks it will do. Lets wait until the tests are out and then do our bench racing. Do I think the GT is in the same league with the SRT-8s... no they are not. But a better run would be a 5.7 R/T against a GT. I would give the nod to the R/T. And to back it up, I know of several GTs to go down to a stock Go-Man-Go Charger Daytona. And it was'nt pretty. So my feelings are that a 6-speed SRT-8 Challenger will be closer to a GT-500 than you might think. It will be nice to hear the rhetoric as it ratchets up. So we all have opinions and until the test show what they will, it will be conjector. And then it will take a great driver to get the best out of each cars. So until we have the numbers.. its any ones best estimate. But since I'm not partial you should take my word for it The Challenger will be the one to beat, just like the 70s all over again. This is the car they will measure all others by. Again, just because I own only Mopars does not mean I'm partial