Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: Albeeno
I'm willing to bet my downpayment that there's an Albeeno voo-doo doll dressed in a #12 Tom Brady jersey with a 1/18 scale replica 2005 Mustang GT next to it, somewhere in Boot Camp's house...
Hey BootCamp... I swear I wasn't the one that told Albeeno... really I didn't...
LMAO! Sorry, but Albeeno lost that bet too.
My step-son (13 year old) is the Pats fan in the house, but he's a "fair weather fan", doesn't own any Pat's memoribilia or gear, and only talks about them at the beginning of the season. Then he loses interest.
The only "little cars" I have are a few 1/24th scale Action #9 Kasey Kahne Dodge Chargers, and a 1/18th scale Highway 61 Dodge Challenger Concept car in Hemi Orange.
I hope the "downpayment" Albeeno bet wasn't too substantial.

ORIGINAL: Axel
I work hard for my money and I love the muscle cars even though I wasn't around, but I thought this was going to be a war like in the old days and that performance and styling was going to be a factor. Seems price and flash is what Chrysler is going for these days. Sell what you can so we, the new company, can get rid of this Chrysler to a foreign operator.
Honestly, Bud, when have you ever seen the most intense fighting in a "war" occur in the opening volleys? There will be three sides to this "war" and it hasn't even really started yet. It's all "posturing" right now. The production Challenger isn't on the road yet, and the Camaro isn't in pre-production either. Right now, there's only one fighter wondering where the opposition is.
This is going to be a "short term war", the terms of which will be dictated - like all others - by the government. I really think you'll see three to four years of "go for it all" from the big three before the government regulations squash the conflict (in the scale that involves what we'll look fondly back on as the "final muscle car wars") and leave the "tuners" to ultimately pick up our swords in future battles. I think the next three or four years will be the last gasp for V8's and after that, we'll have a rash of new cars coming out with I4's and V6's, sporting little blowers & turbos for those still interested in dueling for bragging rights.
That'll be like parking tanks in favor of fighting with knives and pistols, but I think that's where we're headed, and that soon.