Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comparison Test: 2008 Dodge Charger R/T vs. 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

It's more than that, kevin. Edmunds is very inconsistent on what is important and what is not important. The thing that gets on my nerves about them is they like to selectively enforce certain rules. They will judge a minivan based on the performance over anything that actually is important on a minivan. They spend more time trying to use an old joke that frankly wasn't that funny to begin with to slam a car more than actually say what is actually wrong with the car they are reviewing which frankly proves to me they have a credibility issue("I drive a Dodge Avenger!"). I don't think there is any other more obvious sign of bias than the article they did on the long-term test on the Honda Pilot where the timing belt snapped. The driver made the snide remark that he wanted to drive any Honda over a Chrysler Pacifica since it had to be more reliable, yet it was the Pacifica that saved them. Although they claimed that incident had shaken their faith in Honda, they covered up that issue by not mentioning it in their future reviews, yet everytime they compare a Chrysler product, they always have to mention a concern about if the transmission will hold, when I have yet to see a case where they actually had a failure while testing the vehicle, yet Honda is also known for having transmission issues and they never mention that. I have trouble trusting any automotive press outlet because they are all slanted, but Edmunds is towards the bottom of my list.

Thank you both for your kind comments. I appreciate them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts