View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Digital TV coming is less than a year

So my choices are get a new TV, get cable, satellite, or converter box? I think I'm going with choice E., sticking with DVDs and VHS tapes. I never watch TV anymore. There is nothing on that I like. I hate "reality TV," because it is staged; therefore, not real, and because it goes against the principal of television of taking you out of the real world. The only shows that are still on that I like are Simpsons, the tonight show with Jay Leno, and Monk. Monk has gone down hill so far since they lost Sharona that I have lost interest in it. Simpsons is getting too political and have pretty much lost their edge. Jay will be off the tonight show before long and I personally cannot stand Conan O'Brien. I have stopped watching the news and find life so much more enjoyable. When I need news, I either turn on the radio or look it up on the internet. If I ever decide I want to watch television again, I think my new laptop has a feature that I can watch the tv on it. I can just save money and watch it on my 17 inch monitor which is just 3 inches smaller than what I'm used to watching TV on anyways.

I agree with Jeremiah though, about the taxpayer funded converter box is just a sugar coded approach to paying for it as we all will have to pay for it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts