Old 02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head-to-Head Comparison: 2008 Shelby GT500 Mustang vs. 2008 Challenger SRT8

A more accurate match up but the fact of the matter is until they are actually put up against each other, nothing is resolved. The Challenger is still being judged against manufacturer stats, against past test trials. Kevin, although I agree with you, please calm down a little. The thing that is significant is that manuals generally cost less than automatics, which proves to me that when the Challenger is truly in full production, it will yield an even larger cost advantage over the GT500.

Albeeno,I'm sorry but you are wrong. The Challenger does defeat the GT. If you don't believe me, put both of them on a track and see the results. The much higher top-speed, and faster acceleration times is what puts the Challenger into the GT500's category and out of the GTs. When you put both the GT500 and the Challenger on the track you will also see a more logical comparison, especially when they drop in the manual option for the SRT. What this tells me is that the GT500 should be way better, but isn't. Having 75 more rated ponies and 60 more rated ft-lbs along with being lighter should make this no contest, but the simple fact of the matter is they are still within the same league. Still a stalemate. The GT500 is simply not as good as either the 2000 Cobra R nor the 03-04 Cobra (nicknamed the "Terminator"), it has way more power than both yet the Cobra R is still faster and it can't seem to surpass the last Cobra and they have Shelby's help this time around.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts