Thread: Case for AWD
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Case for AWD

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

ive used a 4WD truck in the snow, and i noticed only a slight improvement...i really have no problems getting around with my ramcharger..and thats a 2wd with NO weight over the drive wheels.
Well, I'm glad to hear that you have had better luck, but my experience is that RWD does not work very well. Being that I've been home now for a couple weeks and that ice came down, I decided that I would give my car a day off and used my family's '87 S-10 4X4 in the ice. I tried driving it in 2wd, and everytime the wheels would begin spinning like crazy and these are all-terrain tires as well and not performance slicks by any extend of the imagination. It felt down right dangerous on the road so I drove it in 4wd. I even tested it on the roads that had not been cleared yet, and it was a night and day difference. Since my parents went to FWD, they have never considered another RWD vehicle and their considering to get an AWD vehicle for their next vehicle and I've decided that what will replace my Intrepid will have AWD as well.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts