View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:35 PM
BB73Challenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Torq-Thrust II

ORIGINAL: Cadens 71

I was just about to buy some of those rims, but I cant decide between the polished or the grey. I will be buying BFG TA's also. My question is, what size tires and rims are you running on your car? What is the backspacing? I was thinking about a 235/60/15 (15x7) on the front, with 265/60/15(15x8) on the rears. I want to make sure my rears dont rub my fender well lips. You're help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

John
Long story I will try and keep short...
After a ton of looking into what size I could max out at, here is what I came up with and what I have.
What I have - front 15x7 with 3-3/4" back spacing using 215/65/15
rear 15x8 with 3-3/4" back spacing using 275/60/15
I also came away with the wrong backspacing, the knowledge that I have a friend does NOT understand what I'm telling him and a set of air shocks that will not make it through another season.

The rears are very close to fitting. If a friend of mine that I had order these for me had used the correct 4-1/4" rear backspacing, it would have been great. Without air shocks they just rub the fender on big bumps.

As far as the fronts, again they just fit with the 65 series ( I'm using the Indy 500's and they come in what they called the half series IE 65's ).

I also have read that indeed on a 7 inch rim up front 235/60/15 will fit.
I've been toying with the idea of backing off on the width of my rear tire to eliminate he air shocks - in a few words they stink.

I hope this helps - let us know how everything goes!