Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those that have seen the car in the flesh

Having been to both Chicago and Philadelphia, and having my opinion as to colors, let me share:

1. I am true to the orange. It's the car I wanted in 1970, it's the car I am restoring now, it's the new Challenger I want

2. The orange did look better at Philadelphia than at Chicago. The Philadelphia convention center is very small. It has a much lower ceiling, and it is a ceiling. Mc Cormick, on the other hand, is huge, no ceiling, just girders way, way above and I think halogen or mercury vapor style"cans" way, way above. I think it was the lighting. The blonde doing the narration was also way better than the dull guy at Chicago. Chicago display was much bigger area with large screen loop video playing.

3. The Silver makes the car look elegant, which is in keeping with the "luxury/muscle" heritage, as in, competing with the then Cougar. The black is truly menaciing from any angle. I do not care for the T/S inspired rear spoiler on the Hemi Orange, but I did really like it on the black car.

Not the definitive answer, but sharing my input.

I still have plans for a one day...in & out at New York Auto Show 3/23.
Steve Legel