View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM
70Chally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Control Questions

Hi folks, I haven't been on here in a while, as I've been busy getting my 70 Challenger back on the road! Now that it's back from the dead, I'm attending to numerous small problems, one of which is my heater cable and control valve.

Do any of you have a picture of the control cable where it enters the engine compartment through the firewall, and how it connects at the valve? My cable is boogered at the firewall with a blob of black silicone (by a former owner), so I'm assuming there was some kind of grommet or clip there originally. As it is now, the whole cable slides back & forth through the firewall. [:@] I've already checked the cable end at the control panel and everything's OK there.

Also, the end of the cable that attaches to the valve is held together with wire, which I know isn't correct, so I need some info on how that's supposed to look as well. I'm willing to replace the whole cable to get it right, but I think I can get this one to work if I can track down the missing parts.

Also, my valve is stuck half way down, so if anyone has any suggestions for a source to get a replacement, let me know. (Except Year One - I already bought theirs and it wasn't even close!)

BTW, the car has a 318 (for now) and factory AC, if that matters.

Thanks guys!