Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

YO!!! LS3 IS IN THE Z51 VETTE' OUT NOW.
I believe this post was in response to my post asking about the LS3, you need to check the dates of these posts sometimes to gain an accurate idea of what was going on in the car world at that time. I asked that question back on 8/30/2006, back then the LS2 was being used the base model Corvette and I had not heard yet about the fact that they were going to replace the LS2 because I'm not part of any GM related forums. I assure you I'm well aware that the LS3 is a 6.2L OHV 2 valve per cylinder GM small block that features a version of variable valve timing. I know this engine is being featured in the new ZR-1 in a supercharged form as well.

I realize that at times, people will ask questions that you may think are lacking intelligence or basic knowledge to you but you have to remember that not everyone pays attention to the same things that you do. Ask me about most anything in person about the engine or transmission offerings in currently produced Chrysler, Ford, or GM products and I will most likely provide you with a dead on, accurate answer. I'd say that 80% of what I discuss on here, I am able to say without needed to double check my sources before I post. Ask me about anything outside of them, like Hyundai or VW, I'm going to be out of the loop. The fact of the matter is no matter how unintelligent a response is, it does not justify a rude response, especially to a member of the staff. There is nothing wrong with people asking questions, that is how people learn. Intelligent people ask questions to learn things they don't know, unintelligent people are ones who pretend they know but actually don't (note: I'm not implying anything here against anyone in particular, I'm just trying to make a point). I accept that no matter how much time I spend researching and studying cars, there are always going to be things I don't know or forget, that is why I'm willing to listen if someone else knows something that I don't. I would rather learn from other people than act like I do know and make a fool of myself in the process.

Now, if someone is being unfair to you in a way that you did not bring on yourself, I'll be the first person to defend you. That is part of my job. Unlike mods on other forums, I'll do it even if an older member or moderator was out of line. What you need to learn is two wrongs do not make a right. Lear apologized and has been perfectly civil, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He contributes a lot of information to our site and maintains a high credibility as he is a good debater. Sometimes people have bad days, but his record of having bad days is probably better than even my record.

I thank you for cooperating with avoiding slurs, but you also need work in your personality skills with others. Saying things like "you fellas...want to corner me or something? If we were in person I'm sure you would never speak with such haste." is something I would take as threat as well as a blanket attack and that is not tolerated around here. If you think someone is attacking you, use the rules of logic to point out there error. It will make you look more intelligent than them and you will possibly win in the view of the audience. Responding with threats makes you look like a trouble maker as well as immature. The fact of the matter is on this forum, whether you have a six pack or your gut is full of six packs is irrelevant. The talent of logic and communication is the muscle on here and electronic controls of the staff is the judge's gavel or the electric chair depending on which metaphor you prefer. When people feel as though you are attacking one of their friends, they are going to assist their friends. That is life.

You should take some of BootCamp's advice. Working on your diction and making sure you spell properly will help your credibility on here. Although I will admit I'm

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts