View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rental Charger

amanda and i have spent substantial time behind the wheel of a rental charger. we have had 4 or 5 different chargers from enterprise, and all of them were 2.7L models. i felt that the 2.7 was very underpowered, and the mileage wasnt great either. i happen to know for a fact that a 2.7 rental charger will run the quarter mile in the 17.2 range.

however, we have also had several chrysler 300 rental models, which come with the 3.5, and thats a whole different ballgame. that motor is impressive for what it is. its stronger and got better mileage than the 2.7 did. it also did smokey burnouts, which the 2.7 wouldnt do, and from both a roll and a dig, it beat my stratus...[&o]

weve also had magnums, jeep GCs, pt cruisers, neons, calibers, and pacificas..the 300 was our favorite.

my one complaint with the lower line LX sedan interior, is that on long trips (400ish miles) my back got a bit sore, and there was no comfortable place to rest my left arm. the arm rest was too low, the door sill (which is where i put my elbow when driving the stratus) was too high. that seems like an odd complaint, but on a 400 mile trip, it becomes an issue.