View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Runs on Air!

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

The guy got it from working on Fork lifts which operate on compressed air, if I recall the program right (no emissions lasted longer than electric motors?
I am only aware of electric, propane, and gasoline but not compressed air fork lifts in the this country. I guess they must used compressed in Germany for some reason.......pollution maybe?
That or cost. It sounds like a very cheap way to power something and extremely renewable. The questions are: How much does something like this cost? How long will something like this last in comparison to other current in production systems? How much does it cost to maintain? What safety hazards could there be with something like this?

The one thing that concerns me about the safety is if it is like a scuba diving air tank. Those things can be unstable. You have to handle those things with care because of the pressure. Although what happened in Jaws is completely inaccurate, it could hurt someone pretty bad if it got damaged in the wrong way (though the same is true in the case of gasoline like we saw with the Pinto).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts