Thread: Axle wrap??
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 AM
jdb840

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Axle wrap??

There is a difference between the left and right springs. I'm not sure how much add a leafs are, but I would think it's pretty close to just buying them brand new

I bought mine from summit for like $200 and I also got poly bushing for the front and rear(roughly $60). The front bushing are already installed with rubber and was a PIA to get them out, if you choose to put poly in there instead. If you need some direction on removing them let me know, it's not bad if you don't try to rush it. I had the springs out and replaced in a couple of hours, but it was raining that day, so it took longer. The main thing is to jack up the car then put jack stands right in front of the leaf springs and behind on both sides. The put the jack up the differental a little, so you take the load off of the springs.

When I went to take them back off to put the rear poly bushing in i only jacked up the axle. As I was taking off the U bolts with an impact, the car unsprung and nearly took off my thumb stupid me!