Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

HAHAHAHA That's awesome kevin...definitely worthy of a post-of-the-day award, if we ever had one. Hey there's an idea!

OK, I'm not here to beat the Ford drum, I'm meerly pointing out an observation.... I would argue that the vast majority of articles/publications that I've read since the 6-February unveiling, has indicated 0-60 estimates of LOW-5's. Estimates being the operative word there...I get it! Now, until you or anybody else out there can prove to me otherwise, I'll continue to take the side of all the various professional automotive journalists versus a bloviating Mopar chest-thumper such as yourself. Sorry man... I know this is gonna come as a huge surprise to you, but my little 4.6 liter V8 Mustang GT does 0-60 in 5.1 (a FACT proven beyond any reasonable doubt) That is consistent with the various "LOW 5s" estimate of the Challenger. So, I don't know how you define the word DESTROY, but I'm guessing our interpretations vary slightly...

In terms of appearance all I can say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Me and hundreds of thousands of other Mustang customers tend to like the looks of the S197 platform Mustang. I also happen to love the looks of the new Challenger too. At least three years late to the party (as usual) but nevertheless, it's still one helluva sexy car...no question. Another thing I'm confused by is the fact that Chrysler just announced yesterday that they're shutting down all non-essential operations for a period of two weeks this July. Methinks they're not exactly DESTROYING their competition.

As far as I know Ford will still be "in business" this July... [sm=kissykissy.gif]