Old 03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1800 miles in the Charger R/T in 4 Days

Just got back from our trip from upstate NY to Bristol TN and back for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide series races.

The wife's Charger R/T performed flawlessly the entire trip. It was 1776 miles to be exact.
The mileage for the trip (including the wait to get in/out of parking, short jaunts for dinner, etc) was 25.6 mpg. That's damned good for a 345 cu in V8 with the 5 speed auto stick!
At several points we were at 26.9 mpg, but the traffic killed the overall average.

I discovered that I got better mileage when we were driving back home and I turned off the Cruise Control. I was able to manipulate the throttle more effectively manually. The difference was substantial.
So I'm thinking if I can get better mileage manually, a 6 speed manual transmission should perform/accelerate better than the 5 speed auto stick.

BTW - The weather sucked. It was cold (45 - 55 degrees F) the entire weekend, and it rained more often than not.
We still had a great time!
It was my seventh NASCAR Cup race (second at Bristol), and my wife's first. She had a blast.
Happy wife, happy life.

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/CB4C4BAFCE0C4B7C88200C7A3EFDD6A3.jpg[/IMG]