Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler LLC Introduces Entire 2009 Dodge Challenger Model Lineup at New York International Auto Sho

Chrysler LLC Introduces Entire 2009 Dodge Challenger Model Lineup at New York International Auto Show
Three available models - Dodge Challenger SRT8(R), Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SE - with Pricing From the Low $20s

NEW YORK, March 19 /PRNewswire/ --

-- 35 Years Later, Dodge Redefines Modern American Muscle
-- Re-creation of vintage American muscle car blends nostalgic flair with
modern engineering and technology
-- Five-passenger, two-door coupe produced from proven Chrysler 300 and
Dodge Charger platform
-- First modern-day, HEMI(R)-powered car offered with precision-shift six
speed manual transmission
-- New-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 delivers increased fuel economy (an
estimated 5 percent) with more horsepower (30 hp) and improved torque
(8 lb.-ft.)
-- 5.7-liter HEMI goes from zero to 60 mph in less than six seconds
-- SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine goes from zero to 60 mph in
less than five seconds
-- Best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room
provides spacious back seat for up to three adults
-- Best-in-class trunk space (16.2 cu. ft.) equal to the Dodge Charger
-- More than 25 safety and security features including supplemental side
curtain air bags, advanced multi-stage air bags, Electronic Stability
Program (ESP) and anti-lock brakes
-- Equipped with cutting-edge technology including MyGIG(TM)
radio/navigation, UConnect(R) Hands-free Communication System, Keyless
Go push-button start and Remote Start
-- To ensure quality, Dodge Challenger engineers logged nearly 3.2 million
customer-equivalent miles in development process
-- All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger to arrive this fall
-- Full lineup press kit available online at www.media.chrysler.com

Today at the New York International Auto Show, Chrysler LLC unveiled its full 2009 Dodge Challenger model lineup. Pricing will start in the low $20s.

The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger merges the best American muscle-car characteristics -- unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines, and technology -- to delight driving enthusiasts across several generations.

"Our all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger is a modern-day muscle machine representing the best from the past and present," said Mike Accavitti, Director, Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing, Chrysler LLC. "Thirty-five years following the debut of the original, we are bringing Dodge Challenger back and loading it with essential hardware, styling and technology desired by today's buyer."

The Dodge Challenger is the first five-passenger, two-door coupe produced from Chrysler's proven rear-wheel-drive platform that delivers the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger. Developed with Dodge's credo of "bold, powerful and capable," the Challenger delivers a modern two-door muscle car.

Three models will be offered in North America: Dodge Challenger SRT8(R), Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SE.

Essential Hardware

The Dodge Challenger R/T features the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMI(R) V-8 engine with a five-speed automatic transmission that produces an estimated 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. of torque (540 N*m). For 2009, the HEMI engine is upgraded to get an estimated five percent improvement in fuel economy as well as an increase of 30 horsepower (9 percent) and 8 lb.-ft. improved torque (2 percent) over a greater range of engine speeds. The automatic transmission features fuel-saving multi-displacement (MDS) technology which increases fuel economy by as much as 20 percent depending on driving conditions without sacrificing vehicle performance. The Dodge Challenger R/T also offers a precision-shift six-speed manual transmission -- the first for a new-generation HEMI-powered c
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.