Old 03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is anyone suprised by the quality of the base model

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

I actually like the interior on the base better. The center console has that aluminum trim that adds a bit of brightness to the all charcoal interior. Also very happy that they're calling it an SE and not SXT. Makes me hopeful that the pricing will be somewhere in the 22,900 range as opposed to 26k. I'm also surprised the chin spoiler is on all models. . .guess I'm gonna have to get used to it. I still forsee A LOT of complaining about the lack of a manual on it though.
I can see where your coming from since SXTs are generally more expensive than SEs in recent history (even though they started life as a premium bargin package that was priced similar to the SE while having extra luxuries). Since the SXT on the Charger is quite a bit more expensive than the SEs, you believe this will help the base price of the Challenger will be more reasonable. Calling it an SXT and making it more standard would water down the SXT badge. My issue is that the SE nameplate used to be a higher end trim level on the Challenger and causes logical problems for people who know that. I just would rather them refer to it as a base level, but to each their own. I think your right about the complaining about a lack of manual for the V6. Big mistake.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts