View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There is nothing wrong wit the charger

hmm..interest point, but yes, i think that i still do find it overpriced. Dodge made a point of pitting the charger against the mustang...the whole "bullitt rematch"...and while the charger may beat the mustang GT in some categories, when equipped with enough power to actually outrun the mustang, it is priced substantially higher than the GT. per fords website, you can get into a GT for around 25k, but to get into an srt8 charger, which is the only model which will compete, stock for stock, youre look at an extra ten thousand dollars! [:@]

now, some people will say "youre comparing dodges high end to the mustangs mid range", but for those who dont live near detroit and dont make it to the dodge buyers events, they had this BIG to-do putting the charger Rt versus the mustang GT, and they kept making bullitt comments...but the events in which they had the GT versus RT were set up so that the charger always won. real time drag strip numbers speak for themselves, and the GT will stomp the RT...on the other hand, the SRT8 will hang right with a stock GT, if not beat it...and to do that, youre talking about a 35k car, versus a 25k car...[:'(]

and the only performance minded, rwd, v8 sedan that i can think of is the marauder, and there are some VERY fast mercs around here...but i dont know how those are priced.