Old 04-13-2006, 10:29 AM
TechmanBD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comments on what I saw at the Dallas Auto show

umm. I would say almost? But yet no. Let see if I can explain this without being confusing which I can do.. Why do people replace their factory head unit(HU from here on out)? because it doesn't have the best of sound quality. Now it seems like the newer cars are making the dash harder to be able to replace the HU and have it look good. So people want to keep their stock HU but still would like a better and cleaner sound. So companies are coming out with signal processors. These items, like I said before clean up the audio signal so you get a better sound. So almost like what you described, you cut the wires going to the speakers. You connect those WIRes into the signal processor. Then you take the output wires of the SP and go to your amplifier. But doing it this way, you need to add another amp to drive the speakers to your door/dash and tweaters. But instead of buying a Aftermarket HU, you buy this and get the same results without going away from the stock look of your vehicle.

Here are a few links to what I am speaking of.
If you wanted to keep the stock for looks, and get a better sound, there are equilizers that help.

JL makes a few
Link

Alpine makes one
Link

Rockford Fosgate
Its called the 3Sixty Link

Those can be pricey. I found this one by Audiocontrol that I will use one day probably
Link

Sorry Jeremiah about the thread jack, so I will keep incorporate what I just said to keep this thread on track
I like the look of the dash with the stereo. So if the stereo is not up to par for sound, then I would use the signal processor option, to keep that look. As will I in my mustang.
And that front end looks real nice. HOPEFULLY they will keep this look from concept to production.

Patrick, I hope this helps. If you want I can draw a quick block diagram?[8D]