View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Billionaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Colors for 2009

Did you guys notice that the blue Challenger SE at the NY auto show was B5 BLUE and not that weird dark navy blue on the dodge web site? And yet the B5 blue will be used "late" in the model year, thus limited availablity. WHY?! Because it is more precious and rare than gold and platinum?! I DOUBT IT!! I get the feeling that they know that they mopar heritage colors are HOT looking and people love them but their policy is to use them very little. They're playing some kind of cruel game with us. I figure the Challenger will only be produced in limited numbers and only for a few years anyway, so why play the "rarity" game with us? It's totally unnecessary. It is already scarce and in high demand. They don't have to play this game of "limited editions" with the hot colors.

I went to the outdoor shopping plaza today and took a good look around the huge parking lot. I saw a sea of the same old dull colors: grey, beige, white, dark red, etc. The only bright car I saw was an old classic VW Beatle that was painted yellow. When I get a Challenger I want it to look very hot and not a run of the mill, boring typical car.

I am afraid that if they limit the cars with the heritage mopar colors, then everybody and his brother is going to want them and that they'll be sold out before I can get one.