Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge needs to go in a different design direction

Just got back to NW Jersey from VA. PA finally has finished on 78 and 81 after 15 years (no exageration) that I know of since I've been coming to NJ. I got teary as I went to VA w/ no construction AND came back w/ no construction, I can only imagine it will last just this very brief period...so I'll remember these heady times...oh....yeah....point...

So, I am about to contradict myself Conquest/Starion boxy. Good. Nice designs. OK so it's not always about organic, I'll just say it this way....a design theme works or doesn't and the stuff they got going now (other than previously stated exceptions) don't. They're just vapid.

I liked the Dynasty (K car), I even liked the LeBarron original....and of course loved my Horizon (boxy fat Rabbit lookin' thing)

I just can't groove on what they've got cookin' now. It ain't Pontiac Aztec ugly, but too damned close for Chrysler for my taste.

Basically, growing up in a Chrysler house, I could always justify less than stellar service records with well designed aesthetically pleasing automobiles. People won't buy not good looking cars, I hope they do some more focus groups, or get some w/o myopia.