View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:00 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler: Innovations 'R' Us

I'm Gen X and recently have turned my 1 hour 15 minute commute into a one hour commute. Still, I spend 10 hours (barring no traffic jams on 287 or 78) a week. That equates to 40 hours a month, and approximately 410 hours a year (5 weeks vacation and 8 holidays). That over the next 16 years will work out to be 6560, that divided by 24 will be 273 DAYS spent in my life before I retire that's from now to then.

So, if you had to be locked in a car for 273 days, wouldn't you want some cool stuff to ease your pain? Hell, back in the dizzy, you also had to crank start your car, there was no a/c other than the non-existent roof. Then they started to closing them up, controlling the climate, they even put a radio in them, well when I visit my baby boomer mother, she's still on "close enough to be dial up to be called dialup sub 150kbs" i-net connection. I don't long for the good old days. Anything they can put in to make a ride more enjoyable I say offer it.

I still want a 3 prong a/c "regular electrical" outlet in them (inverter built in for the wondrous gadgetry).

As for insurance, I've been involved in one accident (my fault; too many 16 hour days at work bookended by 1.5 hour -even worse at that job commutes- in too much of a rush, pulled into an intersection before the pickup in front of me cleared the intersection and he just cleared the car that hit me) and had 3 tickets (one on a motorcycle; naively I thought they didn't mind us two wheeled maniacs being a little liberal w/ the throttle), so I wouldn't be one the contributors to that hike I don't think.

Don't get me wrong, if they offered a stripped down no frills big hemi econo muscle car, I'd get that, but I certainly wouldn't be a Luddite either.

"Why back in my day, if you were hot in the summer, you opened the window on the back porch and sweat" ...nah...no thanks....