View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Irrational greenies, hands off my V-8

Zman, I won't say you're wrong, as I can no more prove you are than you can prove I'm wrong or you're right.

It's called a complex system, that is beyond our ability to understand and predict. Just because you saw an Inconvenient Truth and decided to ascribe to the latest Jerry Springer flavor of science doesn't mean the rest of us have to travel w/ you down to Goretown and follow Reverend Gore and drink the KoolAid.

Here's a thought; do some research on the other side, explain about the tons of emissions from volcanoes and how they dwarf man made emissions....just google it not far away...

volcano "global warming" if that's too much work, because it's easier to be trained by popular media and bubble gum science than to think "hey we might not know everything" (even Hawking had to disavow his theory on Black Holes...and in case you didn't know the popular press was enamored with him thinking he could do no wrong)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ing%22&spell=1

We may be effecting the climate, but my belief (just like yours is a BELIEF) is we are far too insignificant to play such a substantial role in effecting such a massively powerful and complex system.

CO2's a green house gas, everybody hold your breath!

And as for anyone who thinks differently from you is a fool; I'd wager you're a progressive/liberal. I find the least open minded people are the one's claiming to be the most open minded.

Only a fool speaks in platitudes such as "And anyone who thinks differently from me is a fool", I think you're a fool, but not for thinking differently from me, specifically for thinking in your own special way.

Engage in thought, not in vitriol and trite utterances, you'll earn the respect of your peers and you might even make a point.

Good luck w/ that Zman.