View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Irrational greenies, hands off my V-8

ORIGINAL: lear4406

While I slept... seems you guys have ironed it all out I really don't mind a spirited debate. I just think it should stay civil. Differing opinions we will have and ammunition on both sides. But the name calling is where it stops. I have to admit... we have some pretty sharp minds here on CF and I'm always glad to hear the reasons people believe the way they do. My views are formed by the way I process my information, just like all of us do. We just come up with differing conclusions
I don't have a problem either with differing opinions. When we have an online forum, we will get opinions because people are located in different places and the conventional wisdom of those different places will inspire other people's beliefs and value system. The issue is that I will not tolerate name calling to take the place of content in a person's thread. There are tons of forums out there with pointless name calling going on, this is one of the few we have managed to keep as clean as possible of the name calling and I'm not about to let that change. This is why I normally suggest to avoid politics and why I try to stay away from specific political opinions. I try to stick to statements that I think 99.9% of the audience can agree on (politicians on all sides are corrupt, they never do anything right unless it is by accident, we are best if we can reserve using them as a last resort to problems).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts