Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge pays respect for those that risk their lives to defend the U.S.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for the well wishes and thanks. We ARE very proud of him. When we were in San Antonio during his post graduation "town pass", he was approached by several people who thanked him for his service. I could tell he felt a bit uncomfortable with it at first, but got a bit more used to it by the end of that day (it was his first time off the base since beginning BMT). It's a very pleasant change from what servicemen heard when I was his age (cries of "baby-killer" and more colorful metaphors I can't list here).

Thank you, Greg, and everyone else who's served in defense of our Nation - in all branches of the military. The sacrifices made over the last 230+ years by so many have meant so much to all of us. There aren't enough appropriate words to convey the sense of gratitude we feel. I fly the Stars and Stripes every day, not just Veterans Day and July 4th. My friends and family are away from their loved ones every day serving our Country - it's the very least any of us can do.

If you're reading this yourself, thank a teacher.
If you're reading it in English, thank an American Soldier.