View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

I think they believe there's such a ridiculous amount of hype around this vehicle, they don't need to hype it further. People are going to be clamoring for it as soon as it is available.

That coupled with the fact they are on shoe string budgets, they are probably waiting to see the whites of the proverbial buyer's eyes when these cars come on line.

Maybe, they are trying to save their AD dollars so they can do an all out blitz right as the Challengers go into full production.

Somewhat unrelated mostly to the post, apologies:

Here's a thought, do you ever wonder if Broadcast Media ever consider discounts for struggling revenue sources? You know take a long term view for a company/industry that's struggling. Kind of like low interest taxpayer loan to Iaccoca from the American tax payer so that America would not lose the jobs, American automobile companies could get a break from Broadcast Media on advertising (discounted; not gratis) to ensure there'd be more people to buy from them in the future? Just a thought.
On top of this, all of the 2008 models I believe have already been ordered, why bother advertising before the car is even available for the public to purchase? There was a article not to long ago criticizing GM for doing the marketing for the Camaro so darn early that it is working against them. GM and Ford are not very efficient companies so I wouldn't use them as a template in how much to put into your budget. I'm sure that when it is in full production they will have a impressive commercial that they are waiting to put out.

Paladin06, I understand your frustration, but I would appreciate it if you would refrain from using that acronym.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts