View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
MrKrisSullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pontiac Ponders G8 GXP Coupe

ok wait a minute!!!
Why would they need to put a 6.3 liter engine in it to get 402 horsepower???? The LS3 is 6.2 and puts out 425, the LS2 is 6.0 and puts out 400/ as in the GTO
You've gotta be kidding!!! All this G8 non-sense is just to steal the sales from the Charger, which it will undoubtly.
The GTO was in-deed ahead of its time, proofs in the pudding the G8 is coming out with a 6.0 and is only putting out 361 or maybe 381 prolly 381 but i'll make sure later anyways that's the same engine in the 2006 LS2 GTO - that put out 400 ponies- their selling you a de-tuned engine for more with 4 doors. Does anyone relize this but me?? Come on!
The GTO will smash any of these cars but the vette' and I'll bet it could take a Cobra 500kr yada yada.
Look at the new moter-trend mag on sheleves now theres a big article on the G8 vs. Charger.
Me personally have been defending the GTO on this site since I first started posting. And now im gonna say it. The challenger looks good. But that's it. The GTO is my next car via LS2 2006 and black period.
To make a G8 coupe ticks me off because they killed the GTO when they didn't know what they wanted to do and they were all over it and didn't know it. What a shame. I could care less about this G8 but the GTO will soon be mine. Running 0-60 in under 5 secs easily. Plus the GTO was orginally someone elses idea right? Then they left maybe?? Correct me if im wrong. It's obvious that the 4 door market is way bigger so they Killed the GTO to bring in the G8 and sell the same parts and the whole time the better car was already built. Peace...