Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger lineup details released

Dodge Challenger lineup details released

Thursday April 10th, 2008

Chrysler has announced further details on their highly anticipated Challenger lineup. The new muscle-car goes on sale later this spring, after which time it will be offered as a 2009 model in three trim levels alongside the already-announced SRT8: base model SE, the well equipped SXT, and the HEMI-powered RT with an updated 5.7 liter engine

The Dodge Challenger SE model comes powered by the automakers 3.5 liter V6 with 250 horsepower and 250 lb.-ft of torque. Power is sent to the rear wheels by a four-speed automatic transmission. The SXT model adds 18-inch aluminum wheels, traction control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and fog-lamps. A security alarm and power-adjustable driver's seat are also included. The legendary RT model will be motivated by a new-generation 5.7 liter HEMI V8 that's been tuned for 370 horsepower and increased fuel mileage in the range of about 5 percent. A five-speed automatic transmission is available, though performance buffs will be happy to learn of the availability of a new six-speed manual transmission. Dodge says that when fitted with this gearbox, Challenger will deliver a slight horsepower boost when running on premium fuel. The manual transmission features hill-start assist to help keep the vehicle in place when taking off from a standstill on an incline.

Other high-tech features include the MyGig infotainment system, UConnect hands-free phone system and a keyless access system that frees drivers of having to handle the key-fob as long as it's in their pocket.

Challenger will be built in Brampton, Ontario alongside the Charger and 300. The SRT8 designated models will start at $44,995- though pricing for the rest of the lineup has yet to be announced.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.