View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: “What on Earth am I here for?”

ORIGINAL: BILLBRASKY

Your here to push your opinion and your religion down our throats,right?
Thats why your here why is it every time I run into a religious fanatics they are the most unhinged and nasty people out of church I have ever met.

You are here to stand on your own why would one think god needs to guide one in every step.
Then why live life ?

Dont sell me Im not buying!!!!!!
God is like a parent helping his children. He is the wise one and we need his guidance to do His will he has for our lives.
We try to be good parents to our children and we certainly want to do what we expect of them to keep them safe and from harm. We as parents
know what is best for them. The same is true for God and his children, after all he made each one of us and knows what is best for each of us.

The greatest commandment is to love God with all of our heart, mind, and spirit.

The 2nd commandment is to love our neighbor as our self.

Christians by definition are Christ followers and as such we are to follow his commandments. Being "unhinged" and "nasty people"
is not being a Christ follower.

By the way, Christians are not perfect, just forgiven. Many people expect us to be perfect but we are only human with many failings and so yes
we will sin and make mistakes. As such, we are called hypocrites. As we grown in our walk with God and study his word, we are to learn from him and
hopefully people will see Jesus working in our lives. Those people are called Christians, but remember we are not perfect, just forgiven.

Enjoy the forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.