Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6 girls beat up 16 year old; two boys keep watch

I'm going to make a few observations. These girls represent the disease I had to deal with while I was growing up and I am frankly tired of it. These kids should all be put into prison and punished thoroughly for what they did. I am appalled at the disgusting things I am seeing people do for a few minuets of fame on Youtube and MySpace. They need to start punishing the recorded examples of abuse that people are preforming against each other to stop it because it is giving even more excuses for people to abuse each other as if they didn't already have enough reasons. What makes me sick is that if half the things on youtube that are being performed on human beings were being done to animals, a stop to it would be a nation wide effort, yet we allow it and call it "freedom of speech." This is in no way a form of speech and not what the founding fathers had in mind with that wonderful amendment. This needs to stop.

My take on disciplining. There is a big difference between spanking and beating. Spankings when performed PROPERLY are the most effective form of discipline I have ever seen in my life. I have seen the results of the "modern" parenting and the results have been that the ones that have the modern forms of discipline are generally the trouble makers because they have no idea of consequences for their actions. I'm already seeing it with my cousins' children. My one cousin spanks while the other time outs and the one that gets time outs acts up over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Right after he gets a timeout he gets in trouble again and what he normally does is he HITs his mother or grandmother. The other one does not hit his parents or his grandmother because he knows what will happen. All my cousin has to do is give him that look and he behaves instantly.

Beatings on the other hand are overboard. Beatings cause psychological problems later and resentment. My Great-Grandfather used to beat my Grandfather and his siblings and they all have/had issues. The grandparents on my other side were spanked, but are very functional individuals and some of the most stable people you will meet. I was spanked and I turned out just fine. I don't drink, smoke, do any drugs, get into any legal trouble, have a college degree, an upcoming job with a respectable organization, get comments about my level of self-discipline being similar to someone who served in the military, etc. My father and I although we don't always see eye-to-eye are very close and he did most of the spankings and believe me, they hurt big time; however, he never once bruised me or even came close to that level.

Billionaire, I'm sorry you didn't have a good relationship with your father. I'm sorry that he was abusive to you, but you have to understand that not all fathers who use carpal punishment are abusive. The fact of matter is many people don't need books on how to parent because they had a good role model for this position in their own parents and they shouldn't be punished for the fact that some parents abuse their position. The fact of the matter is I grew up with kids that had abusive parents that were abusive orally and psychologically that had just as many problems as the ones that were physically abused.

Billbrasky, although I think you have some good points about the TV being a lot of the problem, I don't see the point in complaining about someone else who is doing nothing other than sharing his source of inspiration for answers. I have known Jeremiah now for about 2 and 1/2 years and I can tell you he is not doing this for his own image, he is doing this because this is what he genuinely has found is effective solution and he wants to share what he has found to be effective solution. What is wrong with sharing what he has found to be effective solution? I understand that you might not feel comfortable because you have a slightly different background than many of us do, my adv

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts