View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: “What on Earth am I here for?”

Way to try to skirt the issue, RLSH.

RLSH, it's time for YOU to listen carefully, so listen up. I don't know you personally but you've always struck me as an articulate stand-up guy that I've respected... until now.

I can't believe, after all this, that myself and Mopar2ya (and the rest of us who DARE speak out against this) are STILL getting the tired, boring "shut up and color" response. We don't care if Jeremiah got "permission" to post such things (and just how do you get such "permission" anyway?)

It's obvious that YOU don't get it either (or you're just too afraid to confront Jeremiah about this for whatever reason). Well, I'm NOT. A moderator's role is to be fair and impartial - to ALL. That means YOU, RLSH. That means Jeremiah. Do you people understand what that means? And since you, along with Jeremiah, can't seem to grasp this, it appears that you have no business being a moderator here either. To continually refuse to do so (and to berate and insult those of us who disagree with such religious postings with your tepid, lame "change the channel" responses) only continues to show your self-righteous arrogance. RLSH, since you insist on giving Jeremiah and others a free pass to do this, you are just as guilty as he is.

For the umpteenth freakin time now... this board is for discussing the new Challenger and other such subjects that are NOT controversial - that INCLUDES religion. And, for the umpteenth freakin time now... if you feel the need to do so, CREATE YOUR OWN SUBFORUM. It's JUST that simple. And I don't appreciate being lectured like I'm some recalcitrant child because I refuse to fall in lock-step with what you "moderators" deem acceptable - you KNOW I and others have a valid point, whether you like it or not. And I guarantee that there are many more of us than there are of you.

You "moderators" here seem to be conveniently forgetting something: You are beholden to this board's sponsors, are you not? If I DON'T get some satisfaction on this, they WILL hear from me, and I'm guessing that they won't be too pleased at how the "moderators" on this board are representing their products with controversial postings and the subsequent belittling "if you don't like it, change the channel" responses...

So go ahead, tell me to "change the channel" again. Go ahead, give me a suspension or outright ban. Go ahead and delete or lock this post. Do that, and the letter gets sent, which all of you will have to answer for. Do NOT call my bluff on this. I WILL do it!

The sad fact about all this is, it didn't have to come to this. I and others have tried (and tried) to settle this like gentlemen. But no, you "moderators" chose to get arrogant and self-righteous and defend your indefensible actions - YOU are the ones with no leg to stand on, not us.

So, gentlemen, the solution is simple: Create your own religious sub-forum and all of this goes away. There will be no letter to your sponsors. Then you guys can talk all the religion, sex, politics or whatever you else want. Then we can start talking about the Challenger and other car-stuff again and make this a great place for ALL of us.

You DARE to tell ME to shut up and color?! I think not. [sm=badidea.gif]