Old 04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fastest 50 Muscle Cars- Back in the Day

for what its worth, i have seen that exact list, maybe hundreds of times...that is considered almost "official"..but if you take a good look at the 1/4 mph, youll see what they were really capable of. a car with lots of power, and crappy tires will have a slower et, and a big mph, like the car in slot number 2. when i was running 12.80s, i was pulling a mph of 103-104, with very good launches. that corvette ran a 12.80, with a trap speed of 112mph. most cars nowadays that trap as high as 112, are in the 11s with good tires and a proper suspension.

Jeremiah, i didnt mean the stratus, in case you werent sure. I have a 1983 dodge mirada, with a 340 out of a 69 cuda. it is running less than stock compression, with 360 heads, a godo manifold, headers, cam, roller rockers..etc. it typically runs mid 12s with trap speed of 106ish, but this year my dad is running it as we have no where to store it here, and it got new 4.56 gears, and a new tranny, and now he cant get traction, so we are poking around for new tires, as the tires on there were great when new, but theyre a couple years old now.