Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 AM
bigdaddywiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

This should be a mass market car not a rich boys toy. My feelings of elation are slowly turning to disappointment and eventually will turn to disgust if they pursue this course of action. We don't need to turn the Dodge showroom into an auction house.

What I don't get is the Challenger is basically a reskinned Charger with the same foundations and same engine options. Yet they make the Charger a mass market vehicle and curse the Challenger - the best looking car they've created in 35 years - to the scrap heap by boutiquing it.

I can't believe they're even considering this. The price of gas should NOT factor into the equation since all their cars have SRT equivalents. If they're so concerned about $5 a gallon they should slash their V8s across the line - or offer a V6 option in the Challenger which makes much more sense (and is exactly what everyone has been arguing for).

Do they think every person who's wandered by the Dodge booth to ogle the car is an "enthusiast" or "collector"?? Get real. Probably 90% are working stiffs with mortgages and kids out for a weekend of fun.

And yes I already emailed them. If you value this car and want to see one in your garage for anything resembling a reasonable price you'd better do it to. Otherwise you'll be bidding for one against some very well heeled individuals.

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...ull&category=N

I made sure to tell them the Camaro and Mustang would be next on my list if they price the Challenger like all other limted models were priced in the past.