View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Paladin06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Supports what my dealer told me..

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

RR,

I believe what is going on, is what I posted earlier, the first cars off the line goes to ceo's or engineers for durability test and quality control prior to mass producing. That makes perfect sense with the guy posting there on the assembly line, the guy that posted 2 challengers in one day. The challenger with the red kill switch is a reliability test car, the kill switch is there in case of an emergency with the written program, due all cars nowadays are controlled by a computer. As you say they may be producing them and storing on a lot but I doubt that due to the status reverting back especially the D1's. So I feel it will be another week or so befroe the production lines get cranked up. I wish I was wrong but this is the only thing that makes sense. Look out for the mandatory 2 week vacation in July. I believe some of the early badge numbers will be looking at a late May delivery at best. Most of us the original D folks will more than likely see their cars in June. It's starting to look a lot like Christmas!