Old 04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NHTSA announces new CAFE standards through 2015

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i wasnt all that concerned about CAFE...then i did some research, and im even less concerned. CAFE is a complete joke to the american and asian automakers.

this is all crap...put out there by the media to scare people. companies are fined for not meeting the requirements, but do you know how much has been paid in fines since CAFE started in the 70s? something like 500 million dollars. do you know how much of that 500 million has been from american companies?

My thoughts as well. This is nothing other than a "don't blame me, now get off my back" approach that the Government is doing to try to keep the blame off of themselves for the cost of fuel. The fact is the primary blame for the situation we are in with rising fuel prices (which IS the real issue, not the average fuel economy) belongs to the Government trying to get involved with something that is NOT their concern nor their expertise for that matter (I'm beginning to think that their expertise is how to take a mild problem and how to make it into a full blown disaster).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts