View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5.0L V8 could return in 2010 Mustang

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Ford isn't the only one. I mean, the Hemi of today is not the same as the Hemi of yesterday.

The new 5.0 will probably be based off their modular motor. I see it they probably will still use the 4.6 block,stroked with different heads and probably use DOHC. Just a thought.
Well, TechmanBD, the truth of the matter is that the HEMI Magnum is still a Hemi by definition and still shares the basics with the older Hemis, it is 2-valves per cylinder, an OHV, has hemispherical heads, etc.

If the current engine does not qualify being called a Hemi because it is not on the same block as the previous Hemi, then technically should the 426 have been called the Hemi in the first place as the original Hemis that Chrysler offered in their cars were the small block from the 1950s? What I'm getting at here is that although it may have the same displacement, it will share nothing else with the 5.0L Windsor other than the name recognition. The current Hemis have a whole lot more in common than what a Modular based "Boss" engine will.

As far as the turbo V6 is concerned, I believe that will just be an option, and will not entirely replace the V8 (I hope).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts