Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sports: Which does a better job at making a team effort?

Hockey does seem like a sport that would require a full team focused effort as it is certainly a more challenging set up. The set up from what I have observed seems as though it would eliminate the situation for as much reliance on one player. Interesting observations and points made. I never actually got to play formal hockey as weather is too warm for this to work and there aren't any local ice skating rinks either, but the times I played hockey, I liked it alot better than the other "team" sports we had.

You certainly seem to have a better strategy than most coaches I know as they like to rely on their "best" 100% of the time and when something happens to their best, their up a creek. Most coaches I know, will only focus on the best players in practice and pay little attention to improving the players that need more work, which to me has always seemed backwards as you want to have as close to even set up as possible. This way instead of the opposing team only having to worry about taking out one or two players who is obviously way better than the rest, they have to go up against a whole team which is a more difficult task.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts