Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
WhiteHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I saw the new Challenger at the AJC car show...

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

I love the challenger and think they done a great job on building it . Im glad I can set in the back seat unlike the mustang witch is pretty much useless . I think the challenger will ride and drive much better then the mustang .Anybody who owns a cuda/challenger 70/74 then drives a 68/74 B body roadrunner/gtx can tell you how much the bigger cars ride and drive . I still love my old cuda but let me have to take a road trip and IM driveing a superbird or something like that .
I agree! I don't understand why so many people are suprised by the size and weight of the Challenger. It's not a little car. It competes with the Mustang, but it never was intended to be the same size as the Mustang. The Challenger is a bigger car than the Mustang, and that's exactly why I'm buying one. I've always liked the look of a sport coupe, but I'm too big and too old for a little car! Once upon a time there were Thunderbirds and Chargers and all sorts of large coupes to choose from. Nowadays coupes are little cars. I welcome the return of the large coupe! I can't wait to get one!

And I thought this was an interesting observation from firebird1999us:
I didn't expect it to be as small as the GT500 -- but the GT500 only wieghs like 200 pounds less. So whatever Ford is doing to make a 3900 pound car look that much smaller is pretty amazing!
So many people on this board bemoan the weight of the Challenger, but this quote takes a half-full view of the cup. The Challenger is noticeably larger than the Mustang, yet it's only 200 pounds heavier. Dodge should be applauded for making a larger car without adding a lot more weight than they did! The racers here wish the Challenger was lighter, but if it was both lighter and larger than the Mustang what kind of a tin can would it have to be??? Not one I'd want to drive!