View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car and Driver

Yeah, that always blew me away, how it wasn't (a hot seller); low to mid 30's, really hot looks...I thought it was a winner.

I agree, RLSH, no way would I see the two as comparable. The Prowler, arguably was the gen before (hot rodder enthusiasts from 50's and early 60's as opposed to the next wave Muscle Cars.

I liked how Chrysler went to the 30's for design inspiration in the 90's and wish they had continued. Seems a no brainer....300C inspired from the 50's, the RAM Truck inspired from the PowerWagon of the 50's, the Charger and Challenger from the late 60's, these are their hot sellers, why not echo these styling queues in a modern interpretation for their entire line.

To continue to beat a dead horse, the vapid boxy look was played out already by Volvo, I don't think Chrysler needs to continue their foray into this explored territory. American cars need to look good.

Heck, roll the way back machine back to the 90's the last gen Intrepids and Stratus's (Strati ?) were so sweet. Give'm a potent hemi and rock it out.