View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 AM
1971Chall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Performance Parts (Cont)

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: 1971Chall

Since the wraps are off the car now I have the info on all the factory exhaust systems that the car is being produced with. The manual trans cars wll have bigger pipe than the automatics. The stick cars have 2 3/4" pipe and will be louder than the automatics. I need to check my info but I believe there are no resonators in the stick cars. The R/T automatic gets 2 1/4" pipe and the SRT-8 automatic gets 2 1/2" pipe. Both automatic cars are using resonators along with the mufflers. You are correct in that the stick car is just going to border the legal sound limits the factory can put out. The automatic cars will be quieter. If anyone is looking for specifics let me know and I will get them.
By all means, please post them.

Thanks in advance.

Checked my info, I was off a bit in my earlier post, here are what the cars are supposed to have stock:

R/T automatic: 2 1/4" pipes, single muffler, dual resonators
R/T manual: 2 1/2" pipes, 2 small resonators to replace the single muffler on the auto car and then dual resonators
SRT automatic: 2 3/4" pipe, single muffler, dual resonators
SRT manual: 2 3/4" pipe, 2 small resonators to replace the single muffler on the auto car and then dual resonators

A cat back will still help these cars as the any auto manufacturer is limited by Federal noise regulations. I figure no one really cares about the single exhaust on the SE, lol..................