Thread: 2009 Rumor
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Cuda340

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2009 Rumor

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

Not necessarily agreeing here, but I heard something similar. Seems the 6 speed breaks the tires loose too easily on the SRT8 and there is an IIHS requirement they have to meet. I understand they are still testing this configuration. I am hoping to hear more news on this too. I have my cousin pinned against a wall until he squeals like a pig. (trying to think of the movie that line came from .... Oh yeah, "Deliverance") Let me change that. I'll apply pressure until he coughs up the truth. Naw, too graphic. Hmm, how about this. I will share what I learn as soon as I am able.
In case anyone was wondering about IIHS, I looked it up. It stands for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. It is an independent, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses — deaths, injuries, and property damage — from crashes on the nation's highways. It rates and publishes insurance loss results by vehicle make and model. The ratings are good, acceptable, marginal, or poor based on performance in high-speed front and side crash tests plus evaluations of seat/head restraints for protection against neck injuries in rear impacts.

For example, the 2006/7 Charger receive "good" ratings on frontal impact tests, "marginal" on side impact tests with optional side air bags, and "poor" on side impact tests without side air bags.