Thread: 2009 Rumor
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Thor77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Rumor

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

Not necessarily agreeing here, but I heard something similar. Seems the 6 speed breaks the tires loose too easily on the SRT8 and there is an IIHS requirement they have to meet. I understand they are still testing this configuration. I am hoping to hear more news on this too. I have my cousin pinned against a wall until he squeals like a pig. (trying to think of the movie that line came from .... Oh yeah, "Deliverance") Let me change that. I'll apply pressure until he coughs up the truth. Naw, too graphic. Hmm, how about this. I will share what I learn as soon as I am able.
In case anyone was wondering about IIHS, I looked it up. It stands for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. It is an independent, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses — deaths, injuries, and property damage — from crashes on the nation's highways. It rates and publishes insurance loss results by vehicle make and model.
IIHS is not truly independent or non-profit. They are funded only by the insurance companites, and their mission is to reduce losses (claims) that would affect the profit of insurance companies. I'm pretty cynical about the insurance industry, so I regard the IIHS with suspicion, but I'll admit they do some good work on crash testing. This is not meant to start a debate about the insurance industry, pro and con, only to note that the IIHS is the research arm of the insurance industry.