View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone sellin' old muscle?

OK...so last weekend the Challenger ran fine. Tuesday AM I was taking it to the body shop to tweak the driver's door alignment. It stalled at a stop light and would not start. I called for a jump and it started and ran fine to the service shop. They had not yet checked the starting and chargiing system, the new Interstae battery tests good, but it started for them one time and would not start for me late today. AAARRUUGGHH.

1. So....while I'm waiting at the side of the road for the jump, a few different guys stopped and offered help, none with battery cables. One guy askes if I'd ever sell it, and I replied, I'd sell it in a flash when it doesn't work. He looks at me blankly, How much, he askes. 45 to 50 I tell him. And he sort of stood there. I've seen that look of calculation before when I've had T bird out. You might say 45 hundered but you would not say 50 hundred when you mean 5,000, right? Finally he asks, ..."Do you mean thousnads?" Straight in the eye I looked him, yep.

2. So, since it jumped to life right away with the portable battery jump pack, after I left the car at the shop, I walked to auto parts store and bought 600 amp jump pac for $35.00

3. While at store I found CAR CRAFT 7/08 pg 17 photos and announcement of 2008 SRT 8 production (also article on Holley Carbs and on a 1970 Challenger).

4. Some of the Challengers on ebay really make me laugh...just shells of rust, OMG!
Steve