Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
MrKrisSullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping

yeah i'd say the 5.7 is more "tune-able" just for the simple fact that there has to be 10x the amount of them out there compared to the 6.1... which is also why you probably hear a lot more about tunning them.
If you ask everyone on this board why there buying an SRT8 car it's most likely for the prestige of it, yeah they want it to be a fast car and such....but face the facts the interrior is DECENT at best maybe 7 out of 10 and the performance does not really out-shine the R/T model... like you said no contest with cost on the R/T model... which is why i'll be getting one soon enough, and am definatly looking to put a few goodies on it, which from what i've been reading the last few weeks will for sure have my R/T at an SRT hp level... most these guys will do nothing to there car and like it, which is totally cool... the 08 SRT's are gonna be the cheerished year and the 09 SRT manual's will hold a lot of value too if you ask me. Just my opionon. But unless your buying this car to just re-sell it...(which is lame) then have fun with it. But then im 23 and what do I know... I just can't wait to see Bootcamp in his and simply blow the doors off of his, I hope you have the money to waste on an SRT Bootcamp and my Super 44's are for sure going to be louder than the "loudest possible exhuast note by law" dodge is claiming for the SRT. Ha! wow if you believe this i've got snake oil for you. Well I got off topic ohh well later...