Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM
brucer41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why the rush to hurry up and wait for the 09's?

Well I for one went down last night and ordered mine. No, it wasnt for collector value (as I dont think I will live long enough to see that) I bought it because I have wanted that car since I first saw the concept and to me it was one of the most beautiful cars to come out of Detroit these days. I missed out on buying an original '70 as I was a bit young and by the time I was old enough I couldnt afford it. Now I can do both and am taking advantage. Yes in waiting you may get different options, engines etc. but that is a personl preference. Sure you can get the 392, but in truth with the 6.1 pushing 0-60 in under 5, 1/4 miles in under 13 and a top speed of over 170, how much more do you need for the street? For a few grand you can drop on the supercharger and a few other options and bring the 6.1 up to almost 600 hp which I am sure can satisfy just about anyones craving for sheer horsepower on the street. Add to that..Premium gas here in West Chicagoland was 4.15 a gallon this am...a very good reason to lighten up that right foot.