Old 05-16-2008, 09:11 AM
73Cuda340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

npeifer, many dealers are already compromising on the MSRP. Since the production of the '09s is not limited, the quantity will only be metered by the number of orders and allotment. To offer at MSRP to these folks (not missing the fact you ARE soliciting) is ridiculous. Hell I just ordered an '09 Challenger near Invoice. Can you beat that?

People, the prices of the '09 Challenger will be out in a couple weeks, have some patience.

I have confidence the market will be weak (at least until after November 8^) ) for fuel hungry cars, and dealers are already feeling the pinch. Chrysler was down 21% in sales last quarter, Toyota was down 18% - This is big news.

Just wait, the deals will be there. Dealers are praying the market for this car will be there, and we are praying we can get a car at a reasonable price. This is the perfect storm for buyers. See, it is a dance. Wait for them to lower their price and you can get a great deal.

As an example. for the 2008 Challenger SRT8 Here is something to chew on MSRP is $41,985, Invoice is $39,732 margin is: $2,253 and holdback is $400.
You should be able to walk into any dealer and tell them at a minimum to spit the uplift. Making your car 39,732 + 1,126 = 40,858. If you are firm, honest and fair you could offer them $1000 over dealer cost. There is enough economic concern, as well as weak sales that a smart dealer would take a $1000 uplift (holdback + 600). You could effectively walk out paying 40332 and you would both be happy or close to happy. If dealers can not sell gas guzzlers, many will not put a 40K liability on their lot. So, ... they will wait to get order(s), if they don't see many then Chrysler will be forced to provide incentives. As soon as there are incentives on Challengers, strike while the iron is hot.

Dealer gouging really upsets me. For those in sales we know there is one truth, everything is negotiable.

Sorry, I sort of got on a soap box. But I feel better now 8^)