View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 03:37 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Gas News!!

There are some issues that I have with this article. First of all, Amoco? That name has been officially retired for gas and has been replaced by BP. They later list BP with Phillips which is completely inaccurate. The other problem is ARCO is connected to BP. Secondly, you might as well lump Conoco and Phillips together as they are known as ConocoPhillips. Thirdly, this article is purely subjective as the fact of the matter is many of these gas stations outside of ConocoPhillips are smaller gas companies and can only be found in a few areas. I have never seen a Hess in my life, nor a ARCO, we don't have a Sunoco anywhere near by, Sinclair is in the area where I used to live but not currently, (though we don't have a Marathon either) but I'm sure that many of these people who wrote that have probably never heard of Gateway F/S, MFA Oil, and probably don't know what a Casey's is either. What are people supposed to do when these are not located in their areas. The other issue that is not being discussed is where are these other companies are getting their oil from. Some of it probably is domestic, but I seriously doubt they can be 100% domestic, especially ConocoPhilips. They could be getting it from countries like Venezuela, Angola, and Ecuador which are part of OPEC but are not from the Middle East and some of these countries (Venezuela) have issues worth boycotting as well. My advise to the person who originally wrote this, do your homework first before you prove how little you know about the situation. The best way to change things is flood your politicians with phone calls and e-mails to quit stopping production of oil domestically. It was doing this that caused the oil prices to plummet.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts